Ping! Demo (My new demo...)

Game Design, Story, Game Play.
federico
RF Dev Team

Post by federico »

Fixed some score errors and added Difficulty Level of the opponent. Added some menu and in-game music just to test.

Now it's called Ping!Demo1.3b.
http://realitychess.altervista.org/download.htm

______

:cry: I'm quite surprised by the lack of feedback from the community...

Post by Guest »

I played it on a P4 1.7 ghz with 256 mb ram and 16 mb ATI Rage 128 ultra graphics card (surprisingly quite crappy for being a school computer). I got a constant frame rate of 35 fps (well, it's what RF says under the debug menu).

I also tried it on my P4 2.4 ghz, 1 gb ram and GeForce 4 MX 64 mb graphics card. I forgot to check the actual frame rate but I did notice it running better than the first machine. I will get you an actual number later tonight.

Awesome work on this Federico. I hope this little bit of info helps and if you need more details let me know.
froach85

Post by froach85 »

Dangit I forgot to log in. :oops:

That was me above.
federico
RF Dev Team

Post by federico »

thanks Froach! :D
Your informations are really kind but i only need to know how the physic works on your system. If you turn on debug, you will notice that the ball is inclined to "fly". This happens beacuse the scripted physic is influenced by the internal time counting of the engine. So actualy I don't know if someone is experiencing some trouble (I see that the ball has different response depending on different render type). I want to know if the game is still enjoyable and playable. Reading your words i think "yes" and so thanks again :lol: !
AndyCR

Post by AndyCR »

on a side note, it ran perfectly physics-wise on this pc... 1.3GHZ celeron m, 512 mb ram (dont know speed), intel extreme graphics 2 for mobile 64mb shared.
federico
RF Dev Team

Post by federico »

:D Thanks Andy...

:wink: Any other?
federico
RF Dev Team

Post by federico »

really no one?

8)
AndyCR

Post by AndyCR »

(just to clarify, i believe intel "m" processors are twice as fast as thier desktop counterparts... ie 1.3 ghz celeron m = 2.6 ghz celeron... at least thats the way it is with pentium m's...)

be interesting to see if it runs ok on a 500mhz or so machine, or if the physics are wierd there!
GD1

Post by GD1 »

it ran pretty well on my comp. at a good framerate that is.

852mhz Celeron
256 RAM
128MB Verto GeForce FX 5200 PCI

But as a whole it seemed kinda buggy (as Simkin scripts usually are). My paddle would fall off the table frequently. The enemy AI usually just kinda sat there and did nothing, and after a couple matches, no matter what i did the ball would always fly to the immediate 90* left when i hit it, and 90* right when the enemy hit it.

I think it was some great work, but honestly i think there's only so far Simkin can take this. At least as it's integrated into RF.

the original Celeron (like i have) was the crappy processor intel put out so that they could sell cheap PC's that had bigger MHz numbers but slower performance. So just about anything is twice as fast as a celeron, at least in my experience.
Check out my band
Tougher Than Fort Knox
federico
RF Dev Team

Post by federico »

I played it again today and... It's a funny game!
I really don't mind HOW I did it! If It works on other machines (I really didn't understand how different it works depending on cpu and video-card), this is probably the more labourious but badly forgotten game for RF :D . I hope that someone, except GD1 ANdy froach85 hike, has played it... :wink:
ZenBudha

Post by ZenBudha »

Very good physics seemed fine on my laptop running a 1.2ghz intel with 512mb ram and a Radeon Mobility 9200 video card.

Only thing I didn't like was I felt the paddle was sluggish in moving left and right.

Everything else however was very nice.
Fear not the textures for the almighty stylus is with thee - Book of Zen
federico
RF Dev Team

Post by federico »

Thanks Zen. I appreciate your try really much. :D