New look 21st century, menu help. {Please help!}

Discuss any other topics here
psYco

Post by psYco »

Well I was thinking do you think it will help if I change the renderer (or wtever its caller) to OpenGL or from OpenGL (i dont know what it is ATM) But ive heard about ppl changing this on the forum but I cant find where!

Thanks again!
scott

Post by scott »

in the main folder of RF there is a small application called video setup, here are the three drivers to choose from, open gl does run faster but i belive it dont support some effects.
*GD*
psYco

Post by psYco »

K! ill try and cum back! thanks! (im sooooo happy now i can try it and just exit for like 4 monthes now every time i ran a game and tried to exit the PC froze! Just teaches you NEVER GET THE BETA DRIVERS! also im running on windows VISTA (whitch is also beta, its the window after XP!)
psYco

Post by psYco »

Well I changed the graphics drivers for RF to OpenGL and that stopped the flicker but the .GIF is still not animated what is up with that? Ok i JUSt have to go its midnight here in pome land and i just HAVE to crash but please if any one has some advice that would be gr8

thanks in advance! :)
psYco

Post by psYco »

Has anyone succesfully made an animated gif backroud work? if so am I missing something? It all works fine now just that the background is not animating! :(
allen5924

new idea

Post by allen5924 »

this is a new idea... not just for the menu.. but the whold game...

well firstly i dream of a game taht has motion blurs.. but ever so slightly.. then it also has dynamic lighting.. and is more dark than light!!
then something really random about it.. it wont have to make any sense!!!

ok will write more l8r...
too apathetic now...
Juutis

Post by Juutis »

Couldn't you use the gif file as a menu image? The actual background wouldn't matter then because the gif image would overlap it.
They can be animated and that's for sure!
Pain is only psychological.
psYco

Post by psYco »

How so, Juutis what is this ''menu image'' of witch you speak, enlighten me...
Juutis

Post by Juutis »

Uhm... I'm not sure, I can't seem to it in the manual. :cry:

But I KNOW you can add .gif images to the menu. Not only buttons but independent non-interactive images also! I know this because I once had those things in my menu... the bad thing is, I don't remember how I did it anymore. :(

Sorry for not being any more specific.
psYco

Post by psYco »

I am greatfull for your suggestions and I too have done deeds in the past and then forth into the future bien unable to replicate the events...

You have already been so much help I applaude you my fine Finnish fellow, I shal scour the soul of RF to discover these ''menue images of whitch you speak,

perhaps however you still have the work of the previous menu wiht you? then you could simply see how you came about them... But alas I think you would have thaohgt of this prior to my inquisitions... But all can we do but try?
Juutis

Post by Juutis »

Ok then, my philosophical friend... I'm pretty sure I don't have the old menu anymore. But I found this in the manual:
Animation - an animated GIF file. This can be no larger than 640x480, and actually somewhere around 400x400 is best. This is a constant animation, and not affected by mouseover. You can position this GIF file over any portion of the BMP file that you want. This can be used for a logo (like in the 070 RF) or for a way to differentiate menus (like in the Human X demo).
psYco

Post by psYco »

Ok thanks! Has anyone else here done or heard how to do this before? I realy want my cool new menu to work!