RF1 and Linux

Discuss any other topics here
incenseman2003

Post by incenseman2003 »

VMware has been mentioned. It is still windows even if it is running in LINUX. If I were to switch to linux I would want to get rid of windows entirely. It turns out that even the people I know that hate windows and rave about linux all have to use windows for something. Very few people use LINUX and nothing else. It's a windows world until LINUX is mainstream and can dow everything that windows can do, not just the common things, but everything.
Patience and tolerance are the keys to the passage of knowledge. Even those that are the most knowledgeable started with many questions.
federico
RF Dev Team

Post by federico »

The point of a linux version is to port the Graphic Engine to that platform. I know from the genesis3d forum that someone tried in the past (maybe not so hard), without any result. Theorically it's possible: perhaps it's easier write all from scratch ... but again it's not that easy :shock:
Besides the difficult to port the RF framework into another platform, at least the graphic engine should be multi-platform.