Juutis' game thread!!! (Nirhis)

Game Design, Story, Game Play.
Juutis

Re: Juutis's game thread!!! (Nirhis)

Post by Juutis »

Thanks guys for the positive comments. :)

Yeah, I'm in the army so there's not much progress. I worked on another demo game before joining the army but I ran out of time. The demo would've had all the weapons and a level where you fight on top of a moving train with cars and gunners driving on the side of the railroad. A month more and it would've been done. I guess I'll finish it when I get out of army in the summer. So you guys just have to wait. :(
Pain is only psychological.
steven8

Post by steven8 »

Juutis wrote:Thanks guys for the positive comments. :)

Yeah, I'm in the army so there's not much progress. I worked on another demo game before joining the army but I ran out of time. The demo would've had all the weapons and a level where you fight on top of a moving train with cars and gunners driving on the side of the railroad. A month more and it would've been done. I guess I'll finish it when I get out of army in the summer. So you guys just have to wait. :(
We can wait. It's no problem. How is your army stint going?
Steve Dilworth - Resisting change since 1965!
Juutis

Post by Juutis »

steven8 wrote:We can wait. It's no problem. How is your army stint going?
It's not as bad as I imagined it. As long as I obey my superiors and don't use my brain I'm doing just fine.
steven8

Post by steven8 »

Juutis wrote:
It's not as bad as I imagined it. As long as I obey my superiors and don't use my brain I'm doing just fine.
Check it at the door! Best of luck!!
Steve Dilworth - Resisting change since 1965!
Agentarrow

Post by Agentarrow »

Ten Hut!
Sounds cool man, any wars near you? Don't want to lose our friend juutis in combat :)
AgentArrow Home
The greater good is but a point of view...
Juutis

Post by Juutis »

The last time Finland was in war was during the WW2. So I don't believe I will see any real action. :( :D
darksmaster923

Post by darksmaster923 »

Juutis wrote:
LOL
Herp derp.
Agentarrow

Post by Agentarrow »

See, that's why I'm not enlisting in the US Army, we're at war with Iraq and Afghanistan. I'd rather stay at home. Combat is fun in games, but I'm not the kind of guy to go into the real army :P
AgentArrow Home
darksmaster923

Post by darksmaster923 »

least you get to go outside :P
lets stop this from getting into a political discussion
Herp derp.
Juutis

Post by Juutis »

I wouldn't have gone to the army either if I hadn't had to. It was either the army or the jail. I picked the army. :)

Anyway, it's actually cool to get combat training. I mean, the actual training part is hard and tough and not-so-fun, but I can already see how I can make use of it. For example, it can help in writing the enemy AI. So far I've only been running, crawling and shooting in forests and places that are in the middle of nowhere, but eventually they'll teach me urban combat too. Now that's something I'm looking forward to.
Destron

Post by Destron »

Juutis wrote:I wouldn't have gone to the army either if I hadn't had to. It was either the army or the jail. I picked the army. :)
What did you do?! :shock:
bernie
RF Moderator

Post by bernie »

:lol: Destron... He hasn't done anything. It's Conscription ("National service" like they used to have in Britain and America during the war years and up to about 1960) It's the law, if you refuse to go in the armed forces you are sent to jail, that is the choice "Army or prison" not a lot of difference really. Fortunately for him Finland is a peaceful country so his tasks are more likely to be humane tasks like cleaning up after disasters and such like.
Destron

Post by Destron »

bernie wrote::lol: Destron... He hasn't done anything. It's Conscription ("National service" like they used to have in Britain and America during the war years and up to about 1960) It's the law, if you refuse to go in the armed forces you are sent to jail, that is the choice "Army or prison" not a lot of difference really. Fortunately for him Finland is a peaceful country so his tasks are more likely to be humane tasks like cleaning up after disasters and such like.
Oh oh ohhhhhhh

Sorry, I got the wrong impression :lol:
Agentarrow

Post by Agentarrow »

bernie wrote::lol: Destron... He hasn't done anything. It's Conscription ("National service" like they used to have in Britain and America during the war years and up to about 1960) It's the law, if you refuse to go in the armed forces you are sent to jail, that is the choice "Army or prison" not a lot of difference really. Fortunately for him Finland is a peaceful country so his tasks are more likely to be humane tasks like cleaning up after disasters and such like.
AKA, he was drafted (as it was called at least in the US)
AgentArrow Home
darksmaster923

Post by darksmaster923 »

yeah its called the draft. i thinky its also called selective service, but oh well.
a country can do that if they want. They can draft anyone into the military
Herp derp.