Juutis' game thread!!! (Nirhis)

Game Design, Story, Game Play.
Agentarrow

Re: Juutis's game thread!!! (Nirhis)

Post by Agentarrow »

yeah... Kinda scares me... If the draft vote passes we could be drafted in a few years...
AgentArrow Home
The greater good is but a point of view...
fps
Location: in a magical land devoid of hope, happiness, and sanity.

Post by fps »

ya know, i hate to fuel a thread hijacking. especially one on a political discussion. but its shocking how little the war in iraq affects our daily lives.
its so different from the days of vietnam and such. i would ask why but that discussion if for another time and place.
1 wrote:
for the internet is a cruel and dark place at times, and there's sex and blood everywhere.

2 wrote:
You say that like it's a bad thing.

1 wrote:
You are a bad thing.
Agentarrow

Post by Agentarrow »

yeah, sorry to take the thread away Juutis :)
AgentArrow Home
Juutis

Post by Juutis »

Phew, back from a 2-week trip in the deep forests of Finland! Man, that was so not-fun. Sleeping a couple of hours in a tent after a rough day of combat training and then waking up just to realize that it is your turn to be the guard in the middle of the night. Not fun. And trust me, it ain't warm up here! Especially during the night.

I finally found out my final job there. I'm gonna be in an anti-tank team.
I can't wait to get my hands on some heavy bazookas. Tanks, here I come! :twisted:

And yeah, let's cut the political discussion. I don't mind anyone "highjacking" this thread, though. As long as you don't spam or talk about politics/religion, I'm fine with it.
Pain is only psychological.
Agentarrow

Post by Agentarrow »

I'm going to Philmont, New Mexico for two weeks in late august. I'll be in the mountains where temperatures will be over 100 degrees at their lowest. I'll have to carry everything I need on my back. Set up camp every night, sleep a few hours, etc. It'll be like what you went through but in mountains not forest and boiling hot not freezing cold... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
AgentArrow Home
vrageprogrammer

Post by vrageprogrammer »

I'm going nowhere
It was not Possible to determine the dimensions of the image....
darksmaster923

Post by darksmaster923 »

Juutis wrote:Phew, back from a 2-week trip in the deep forests of Finland! Man, that was so not-fun. Sleeping a couple of hours in a tent after a rough day of combat training and then waking up just to realize that it is your turn to be the guard in the middle of the night. Not fun. And trust me, it ain't warm up here! Especially during the night.

I finally found out my final job there. I'm gonna be in an anti-tank team.
I can't wait to get my hands on some heavy bazookas. Tanks, here I come! :twisted:

And yeah, let's cut the political discussion. I don't mind anyone "highjacking" this thread, though. As long as you don't spam or talk about politics/religion, I'm fine with it.
:o violent juutis!
Herp derp.
Juutis

Post by Juutis »

No no, I'm not a violent person. I just like to break things. Especially if they're tracked. :twisted:
Agentarrow

Post by Agentarrow »

lol!
AgentArrow Home
madness

Post by madness »

lol
Somewhere in Nevada...
Agentarrow

Post by Agentarrow »

So, Juutis, how is Nihris coming along?
(to get back on track) :mrgreen:
AgentArrow Home
Juutis

Post by Juutis »

There has been no actual progress, to be honest. The army pretty much takes all my time and the few days I can spend home I'm just too tired to work on Nirhis. When I'm home I usually focus on resting and relaxing. I've worked on some things in my head though. Like the story and how I am going to present things. I have some interesting weapon concepts too. I'll reveal them if I decide to put them in the game.
Agentarrow

Post by Agentarrow »

:D sounds cool...
AgentArrow Home
tonykorea

Post by tonykorea »

I really enjoyed your demo, and I will give you some ideas.

I think I can compare your demo to half-life, since half-life is one of greatest FPS ever made.

Some strong points of Half-life here.

- Good weapon sounds. This sounds obvious, but sound of SMG firing and shotgun blasting sounds really like shootin'

- Good weapon balance. All the weapon in half-life are useful! Even pistol can be useful in fighting with ranged attackers or headcrabs!

- Excellent level designs. Some levels such as Surface Tension and Forget Freeman were really exciting. I had to play straight because these levels were too good to interrupt between.

- Great storyline. I think 2 did better job, but Half-life still has a strong storyline.

- Unique enemies and A.I. Half-life's A.I. was actually very intelligent, and soldiers really gave me creeps.

Now, some strong point about Nirhis demo

- Variety of weapons. There were many toys to play with even in Demo.

- Challenging Difficulty. Wow, it was realistic, and also very challenging. I had to reload about 12 times.

- Some blasting firefights. These were exciting.

You could improve weapon sounds and other things like better inventory system.

Anyway, I see that you are doing a good job!

Keep it up, Senor Juustis! :D
Juutis

Post by Juutis »

Thanks for the comments! The demo is pretty old but I'm really glad that people still give feedback. And wow, you compared my game to Half-Life! I'm honored. :shock: :D
You could improve weapon sounds and other things like better inventory system.
I have already changed the weapon sounds. In the demo they are low quality because I recorded them myself with a cheap microphone but now I'm using real gun sounds. I've downloaded tons of free sounds from the internet.

The inventory system has also changed. It has tabs for the different weapon types (primary, secondary, melee) and a small space for weapon information. Here's a screenshot (it's old but you get the picture):
http://koti.mbnet.fi/jutkula/newinventory.jpg

And yeah, I couldn't agree more on Half-Life. It's definately one of the greatest FPS games ever and everything you said is true. So true.