Quick new name poll!

Poll ended at Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:21 pm

"The Red Button Story: Hold My Hand I'm Dying"
60%
"The Red Button Story: Love Me Enough To Hold My Hand While You Take My life"
No votes
"The Red Button Story: Burning Is A Fuse To Destruction"
20%
If you want you can give options on how to make the one you choose from above, better
20%

Total votes: 5

GD1

Post by GD1 »

cutscenes are easy to set up, it's just that with .avi RF loads it right there on the spot when it is triggered. so you could be sitting there for a good 5 minutes with either a frozen or blank screen waiting for the cutscene to play. By then most people have shut down the game and restarted their computer.
Check out my band
Tougher Than Fort Knox
psYco

Post by psYco »

oooooooooooooooooooooo... Ja that should be fixed with RF2, cant you setup a splash screen? Like when it triggers it shows a screen saying ...LoAdInG... in the middle or sumink???

OR

Can we trigger a message when the cutscene is triggerd? like when you make the level change you can have a message play like Get Ready adn that cums up in the middle of the screen and sits there while you load?
GD1

Post by GD1 »

it MIGHT be possible to activate an overlay first, then when it freezes, the overlay would be frozen on screen. but, more than likely this will work on some computers, while other computers would still go with a blank screen.

but, really if you give your players enough warning that a cutscene was coming up, it probably wouldn't be an issue anyways. but if its really sudden and unexpected then it could be a problem.
Check out my band
Tougher Than Fort Knox
psYco

Post by psYco »

HI just another little update although ive been quite busy and so have not had much time and so no solid content... :( BUT here is the logo im planning tell me if you like it!

Im planning on learning blender in a few monthes and getting the opening cut scene done first to kinda set the scene! Also im doing sum recording for the theme song song with my m8 who can sing this weekend so ja! PSSSSYYYYYYYYYYYYYYCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

''How do you make a poll????''
jonas

Post by jonas »

I think polls are a priv that only mods get. Nice logo concept. When learning Blender I would recommend looking at your local library and see if you can find the blender book. It is really helpful.
Jonas

Focused, hard work is the real key to success. Keep your eyes on the goal, and just keep taking the next step towards completing it. If you aren't sure which way to do something, do it both ways and see which works better. - John Carmack
Juutis

Post by Juutis »

Anyone can make polls. When starting a new thread there's a box for polls. You can add options, define the duration how long it will be active etc...
You can also edit the first post of a thread and add a poll.

Nice logo, I like it. Especially the symbols that look like chinese writing or something are cool.
Pain is only psychological.
allen5924

ur mate can sing??

Post by allen5924 »

Also im doing sum recording for the theme song song with my m8 who can sing this weekend so ja!
dude who?? lol
soz 4 off topic
psYco

Post by psYco »

@ allen my crazy asian! :D : my nefew can sing! well hes gonna do these soft singiy bits and then I cut in with short heavy bursts (its hard to explain but youll see, abit like that slipknot song ummm w8 ill post the name sum time cant think of it rite now...)

@ Juutis : well thanks but that chinese riting IS chinese riting it means red buttons! (well red coloured buttons to be more presice!) you see I have this craZy asian who lives in SA and speaks mandrin (chinese) so he got his folks to rite it then emailed it to me!!
jonas

Post by jonas »

Juutis wrote:Anyone can make polls. When starting a new thread there's a box for polls. You can add options, define the duration how long it will be active etc...
You can also edit the first post of a thread and add a poll.
Oh yeah. :oops: I knew that!
Jonas

Focused, hard work is the real key to success. Keep your eyes on the goal, and just keep taking the next step towards completing it. If you aren't sure which way to do something, do it both ways and see which works better. - John Carmack
psYco

Post by psYco »

ahhhhhhhhhh I see well you can post a poll, BUT not as a post it has to be a new topic... thats too bad, I wanted to have a poll as wether i should keep/ change the logo... ah well... Thanks!
jonas

Post by jonas »

No you can goto your first post and click on edit your post and I think you can add a poll at the bottom. :D
Jonas

allen5924

yaay..

Post by allen5924 »

*all credits this way*!! woo!!

im teh_asian (or however u ppl do l337) that got me mate teh_asian language.. REeeeEeD BUUUUTON (u gotta make the the vowels veEEErri longgg if u wanna sound like an asian man!! hahahhaha)

i rate R.B. is gonna be rad (hey R.B, thats the initials of my 1st crush i had.. in like grade 1.. her names Robynne B. (surname must be removed))

teh_game gonna be aWesomly rad!!

all the best to teh_psYco who left me in this crap country... :(
oh well!! OVER IT!!!

bye ppl
peace.
love from
aXF.
psYco

Post by psYco »

@ allen: Thanks man! Hw you BTW? please go on MSN this weekend (i might get myself a webcam!)

Ok this is a revision of the ''look'' of the people in my (i think I should say ''our'' now since allen and a guy from my new school are gonna help out) game, the game world is still in its infancy, and is still evolving. However i really like this player and i will start modeling it now, its more humanoid so the player will find it easier to relate to, especially the primitives whose faces have not been stolen by the ''buttoners'' (they really need a name but buttoners is fine for now) any way I also like this model since it has a good artistic/sci-fi feel to it and allows me to play wih the visual metaphore of, the slaves being very much like puppets in the way they move, so you after you escape and those of your people who remain free will move alot less ''like puppets''

allen5924

funny!!

Post by allen5924 »

haha the new design looks like shaka zulu!! lol
cool man!!
psYco

Post by psYco »

Sorry this was a doubled thread go to next page!
Last edited by psYco on Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.