Your opinion?

Photoshop
83%
Image Zone
17%

Total votes: 6

Destron

Post by Destron »

Another option is going for an older version of photoshop. They're plenty good - Photoshop 7 and CS1 (PS8) are fine candidates and are probably cheaper now that cs3 has come out.
Agentarrow

Post by Agentarrow »

cool. I'm looking at a NIB Graphire 4 5x6 for $45 It sounds like a good deal if yours was $100
AgentArrow Home
The greater good is but a point of view...
MakerOfGames

Post by MakerOfGames »

Wow! $45 bucks! Of course I got mine 3 years ago I think it is now.... Three years already?! Time is relentless. Anyhow, thats a good deal. Its a good tablet and it should come with some bundled software. At least mine did. I got Photoshop Elements 3.0, Corel Painter Essentials 2, Just Write Office(Office suite add-in to use tablet in MS Word etc...), A screen mark up tool, and Nik Color FX pro add-in for Photoshop Elements. I really liked Photoshop Elements 3.0 but sadly it doesn't work on a 64bit system. I used to use it A LOT on my old pc, but my new one can't run it. With PE3.0 you can make some pretty darn good images.
Think outside the box.
To go on an adventure, one must discard the comforts and safety of the known and trusted.
Agentarrow

Post by Agentarrow »

yeah, It has the tablet, a wireless mouse (to add to my collection, so much better than the notebook touchpad) a stylus, stand, replacement stylus, replacement stylus touch tips, and a couple bundle programs :)
AgentArrow Home
Destron

Post by Destron »

Don't you mean Wacom?
And btw - the wireless mouse that came with my Graphire really sucks. I never use it. But then again, I never use my tablet in the first place :/
MakerOfGames

Post by MakerOfGames »

*Note: Are we way off topic yet?

Anyhow, I agree the mouse that comes with the Graphire isn't the best. But I guess it can be useful to some. Really, I think its the active area of the tablet that diminishes the usefulness of the mouse. The smaller tablets cause you to constantly pick up the mouse to pan the whole screen or the mouse becomes too sensitive and becomes hard to use because the slightest move causes the mouse to move proportionally on screen.

Oh yeah thats the other thing you can do on the tablet, you can set the tablet to be in a pen mode where wherever you hold the pen over the tablet the mouse jumps to the spot and everything is proportional to the screen, or, you can have it in mouse mode which mimics a standard mouse in which moving the pen causes the mouse to move and it wont jump into position.
Think outside the box.
To go on an adventure, one must discard the comforts and safety of the known and trusted.
Agentarrow

Post by Agentarrow »

Destron wrote:Don't you mean Wacom?
And btw - the wireless mouse that came with my Graphire really sucks. I never use it. But then again, I never use my tablet in the first place :/
NIB means New In Box
AgentArrow Home
Destron

Post by Destron »

oh. :wink:

Seems like a really good price. Maybe too good. Make sure it's not a scam or something before you buy. :!:
Agentarrow

Post by Agentarrow »

It's E-BAy,, it also has $5 shipping and the seller has a 100% satisfaction rating on over 50 auctions (100% positive feedback) However, the price went to $55 since I last checked, and I fear it might go out of my budget...
AgentArrow Home
MakerOfGames

Post by MakerOfGames »

Yeah, pen tablets are expensive. I was looking at Wacom's website last night and the cheapest pentablet they have is the bamboo for $79 and bamboo fun is $100 The next step up is the smallest Intuos for $249.

If you can find a graphire for that cheap I would definitely get it.
Think outside the box.
Agentarrow

Post by Agentarrow »

:\ I went back today and I got outbid by $100 and the auction ended... I'll look some more, but I am going to disney world next month and I'll want to buy stuff there too. Theres the downtown disney shopping district, and the internet cafe at disney quest.
AgentArrow Home
MakerOfGames

Post by MakerOfGames »

Keep looking and you should find some. I found my exact pen tablet up for auction on EBAY. It says its never been opened, brand new, and... welll look for yourself.
Wacom Graphire 4 (Metalic Blue)

And here is my ebay search by lowest price:
Wacom on Ebay

I guess thats a 4x5... I must correct myself, my pen tablet is a 4x5 as well not a 5x6 as I stated before. Sorry.
Think outside the box.
Agentarrow

Post by Agentarrow »

cool, but I'm not going to shop again until after I get back from disney.
AgentArrow Home
Allanon

Post by Allanon »

Just found another paint program called Pixel Image Editor that might have the features you need but doesn't cost an arm and leg. This paint program is $30 dollars but their is a demo versions so you can try before you buy. They have versions for Windows, Linux, OSX and a few others.
Agentarrow

Post by Agentarrow »

cool thanks
AgentArrow Home