MAC OS X Reality Factory thing!

Discuss any other topics here
GMer

Re: MAC OS X Reality Factory thing!

Post by GMer »

Trougedoor122, I post at school too, and no one seems to know or care... the server there only blocks words like "game" or "arcade" and stuff like that. Anyway, you cannot get into trouble for it because you are having an "educational discussion" with people of your same interests (I'm pretty good at twisting rules, no?).
My entire network is Macintosh, so I have to deal with those pieces of... you get the idea. They are easy to use, but definately not for use for anyone who is serious about computers.
Over 3 years (has it been that long?) and just now I noticed the day and month of my birthday were switched. Whoops!

Some 2d games I made, haven't made anything in a year though O.o
http://www.yoyogames.com/users/GMer56
Trougedoor122

Post by Trougedoor122 »

GMer wrote:the server there only blocks words like "game" or "arcade" and stuff like that
:shock: my school dosn't have any filters and i go to private school.
GMer

Post by GMer »

Ah, public school... where the teachers trust no one.... :lol:
Over 3 years (has it been that long?) and just now I noticed the day and month of my birthday were switched. Whoops!

Trougedoor122

Post by Trougedoor122 »

at my school they do the basic things like you cant change any settings or properties but internet wise there are no filters, at least not that i know of.
GMer

Post by GMer »

Somewhat reminds me of my Elementary school...

Trougedoor122

Post by Trougedoor122 »

yeah, at my school they dont make the best computer decisions, the school IT they hired is hardly ever there... i always have to help the teachers with there computer problems
ardentcrest

Post by ardentcrest »

here is a tip for you kids.

most schools filter words ie www.sex.com. the filter software wont let you go to it.

but if you go and ping www.sex.com ( you all should know how to ping ) it will give you the IP address, and you put that into the address bar you more then likely will get the site.

this will work on any system that has only a word filter running and not also an IP filter.

by the way there is no site called www.sex.com :lol:

And going back on topic........

most Window's OS, have been writen on MAC'S

and i hate the way if you buy software for Mac OS8 you have to go and but the same software for OS9 and by the samr software for OS10 because thet dont work with the ne updates of the OS.....
He's a Bot Jim, But not as we know It.
GMer

Post by GMer »

My network admin has an IP filter, so I cannot ping (well, things that are common anyway), but there are always proxy sites! :mrgreen:
The tech admin gave me a compliment on how I could go around the network, and they took what I did and boosted their filters... it is kinda sad when the users of the network know more than the tech guy...
Most operating systems today don't really put quality AND ease of use. Granted Vista is shiny like Macintosh, but the traditional guts are messed up! Vista seems like a combination of Mac and Microsoft... Give me an XP or a 486SX anytime!