BV Demo Game - Merry Christmas from GDGi

Discuss any other topics here
gekido

Umm...

Post by gekido »

If that was true then, then it would be reflected in the assets of the game. (Which are all from TurboSquid anyways.)

The majority of the assets in the demo are free and the rest look pretty shabby. (You could have at least made the terrain look good.)
This would be humorous if it wasn't completely insulting our entire team.

Every single asset in the game was created from scratch by our art team. If you feel like arguing the point, post links to where we purchased the content from turbosquid. Since the content doesn't exist, you won't be able to.

If this is meant to imply that the demo we created in less than 10 days (2 working weeks) isn't better than a multi-million dollar game created by a team with 2 years to create it, then there's nothing we could have done that would satisfy you frankly.
PS - Don't tell the GDG I said this. shhhh...
Thanx Dan - the game was more meant to show off a simple game created in a very short period of time than be an 'end all be all' effects/tech demo.

Next up is the tech demo, which should hopefully satisfy most people's interest in the higher-end graphical features in the engine.
Shadows would have helped though.
We did have environment shadowing in at one point, but decided that the visual style of the environment didn't work with them so we removed them. It was more of an artistic decision than anything.

The tech demo will show off more of the lighting side of the engine (interior environment).

Cheers
Mike W
AndyCR

Post by AndyCR »

just as a slight warning to whomever may reply, please dont say anything bad, i really dont want to have to lock this thread. thanks in advance.
Spyrewolf

Post by Spyrewolf »

Don't worry about whoever that was gek' someone trolling the boards no doubt, if they were an ex-user they could have at least used their name,
just as a slight warning to whomever may reply, please dont say anything bad
Aigh Aigh i hear that brother, nothing worse than putting a heap of work into a game and someone saying, doom3 looks better or the physic sucked, least say why they sucked or what problems you had,
pisses me off when people rip without cause.

if your gonna critisize somebodies work, make it constructive not negative,

i haven't had a chance to download it yet but i'll have a looksie tonight after i finish up at work, the screens you have posted look real good,

i'll post more later and let you know how it went.
[/quote]
Last edited by Spyrewolf on Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
gekido

Beyond Virtual Forum

Post by gekido »

The moderators of the RF Forum can close this topic if you want - there is a forum specific for BV discussions - we can continue any non-RF chat over there if desired.

http://www.beyondvirtual.com/forum
AndyCR

Post by AndyCR »

it's up to you, the flames seem to have stopped so if you're fine with keeping it open it's not a problem with me, i was just concerned about a fight starting.
GD1

Post by GD1 »

i thought the BV forum was for customers only?
Check out my band
Tougher Than Fort Knox
gekido

BV Forum

Post by gekido »

it's a public forum - we aren't officially selling the indie version at this point, so there are no customers at this point. it's basically for info requests, questions, and general bv discussions currently.

feel free to post over there, i check this site pretty frequently still, but keeping all of the questions in one place helps reduce duplicate questions.