Simple Car Demo!

Topics regarding Scripting with Reality Factory
fps
Location: in a magical land devoid of hope, happiness, and sanity.

Post by fps »

I will try it again with all of the fields filled in but I am not sure what physics release I am using. Why? Is there a newer release?

Thanks,
Fps
fps

Post by fps »

what kind of ACT models do I need to use?
I am just using the ball and box models that came with the car demos.
federico
RF Dev Team

Post by federico »

You should use the release 7th january. It is called PhysicsRFdemo_Alpha_Release_4Sept2005.zip and you can find it here:
http://realityfactory.altervista.org/do ... pt2005.zip

I post a screencap.
The idea of use the boxes and spheres act files are good for test. I even suggest you to use only the box_centered.act box that is perfctly simmetrical. Use it as your only body part and scale every body part using a proper dimension. In this example I use X:1 Y:3 Z:0.7 as corpse proportion.
'Box 0' simple means that the bounding box of this body part will be a box and that automatically it will be scaled to fit the body dimension. ALternatively you could use a triplet to define the XYZ extension of the Bounding Box (example: 'Box 10 30 7') but in this case is useless because you can have the right dimension of the BBox (Bouding box) using 'Box 0'. You can instead use 'Sphere 0'. In this case the BBox will be a Sphere. Using the 0 parameter the diameter will be detected automatically to fit the body dimension. In the corpse case we don't need to define an offeet. In the case of an head we have to define the offset by the pivot of the corpse. And so on. Fill all the fields.
Never use a <1 Mass and try to scale the body >1 (In the example I used 0.7 to scale the Z of the corpse body. This could cause some trouble: use a bigger values).
Good luck!
Attachments
ScreenHunter_2.jpg
ScreenHunter_2.jpg (34.91 KiB) Viewed 594 times
fps

Post by fps »

If i use this Rf install will I still be able to use the thing in the tech demo where you add in the players name in the start menu?
Also will saving work with physics objects in the new RF, ive been having a lot of trouble with save systems.

Another seperate question What are our options for geting in and out of the cars? I think we need a system that snaps the player to the vehicle for save purposes along with a few other reasons that I had tought of but cant remember now.

Sorry got to go. i will finish this post later today.

Thanks,
Fps
fps

Post by fps »

Also I am having trouble getting the cars to collide with the player and the other pawn charecters.

back on the palayer getting in and out of cars, I think we need a way to define the players animations while using the car like you could with the weapon.ini. then the player would be snapped into the seat of the vehicle, how hard would this be to do?

This snap to seat thing is so when you save in a vehicle you dont load in a box hidden off screen or anything, instead you would start at the vehicle.

This way we could also have jumping from moving vehicles and other cool stuff.

Back on the topic of the RF install. I need some help setting it up I think, or is this install all set up and ready to go?
If it is then that is great!

Thanks,
Fps