Quick new name poll!

Poll ended at Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:21 pm

"The Red Button Story: Hold My Hand I'm Dying"
60%
"The Red Button Story: Love Me Enough To Hold My Hand While You Take My life"
No votes
"The Red Button Story: Burning Is A Fuse To Destruction"
20%
If you want you can give options on how to make the one you choose from above, better
20%

Total votes: 5

psYco

Post by psYco »

Well this is the BETA version of my gun! There will only be one conventional gun in the game (the one witch the guards carry) and this is what its gonna look like! Its called the WHILLD or the ''white hot ignited liquid lead dispenser'' It is NOT a shotgun and fires 100 cal. projectiles of molten lead at a fire rate of about 1shot/ second, and is a one hit kill weapon will endless ammo... :twisted:

@Allen: dude you should check in the docs in RF and go to Pawn scripting there's sum really basic ''tutorial-ish'' guidlines for scripting!
GD1

Post by GD1 »

Very Nice! I like your modelling style, it reminds me of Metal Arms: Glitch in the System. but I would definitely cut some of the roundness out of the barrells, since that can really be a waste of polygons.

A lot of people will tell you to delete the poly's on one side of your model for optimization, but don't do that because it results in a bad model. any polygons that you can't see will be culled as backfaces anyways.

Good texture BTW.
Check out my band
Tougher Than Fort Knox
steven8

Post by steven8 »

Yes, the style and texture are both excellent!! Keep posting screens!!
Steve Dilworth - Resisting change since 1965!
allen5924

tuts

Post by allen5924 »

yo ok dude.. ill check it out sometime.. dude i wanna ask.. y does i always watch all the topics taht u reply to.. i.e. if u replied to XXYY topic, i'd be watching it and it'll show as unread new posts... but it only worx wid u.. did u add me as friend or something??
steven8

Post by steven8 »

Allen, I'm sorry, but I don't speak 'dude'. It would be much appreciated if you could drop some of the slang so I could understand who you are talking to and what you are talking about.

Thanks,

Steven8
The Old Foggie
psYco

Post by psYco »

Oh sorry IM dude and if I say dude I probably mean allen! also if I use the word like repetatively it like means that I like just came home like from like school and have yet to drop the like pointless habbit like! :D but we'll try speak more english english! LOL!
paradoxnj
RF2 Dev Team

Post by paradoxnj »

Heh...might be time to add the "All posts must be in English" rule from the Genesis forums. :)
allen5924

dude..

Post by allen5924 »

hmm.. dude is English!! used by the 21st centuary english young ppl!! so when i say dude.. it means, person, man, or wateva... but soz ppl!! when i say dude i usually mean Jason (teh_psYco)... apologies...

oh and dude (jason) u still havent answered my question in the earlier post!!!

cya ppl.. dudes...
psYco

Post by psYco »

Okay oh yeah I know it happens to me 2 mabey its like when you post alot in one thread then it reminds you when ppl have replied to you? Oh well if this debate over modern language and the fallacy that english is the universal language, is to continue please go make a new thread on it. thanks!

@ allen : Oh adn man (allen) check your email!!! its urgent (that is if you check the forum first!)
steven8

Post by steven8 »

I used 'dude' just to mean the type of lingo. I am aware of what the word 'dude' means. I first started hearing it used profusely in the early eighties. Dude this, dude that. Prior to that, in the seventies, it was 'Hey, man. Yeah, man.' 'Man', became 'Dude'.

Didn't mean to be a stodge. I just like to understand what I'm reading.

Sorry guys.

Steve
The Old Stodge

I apologize profusely for derailing your thread, psyco. And I by no means meant to imply that English is the universal language. Please forgive.
AndyCR

Post by AndyCR »

Every time I hear dude, I think of this guy...

<insert picture of dell's stevey here>

*shudder*
Last edited by AndyCR on Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MakerOfGames

Post by MakerOfGames »

GD1 wrote:Very Nice! I like your modelling style, it reminds me of Metal Arms: Glitch in the System.
My thoughts exactly. I really like the model! Very nice work!

*side note(sorry for going off topic): Metal Arms: Glitch in the System was a very good game. If you havent played it, don't be shy, its worth a play! It is available on gamecube, ps2 and xbox and I think it only costs $20(US dollars). I know its that much for the gamecube version.
Think outside the box.
To go on an adventure, one must discard the comforts and safety of the known and trusted.
psYco

Post by psYco »

Thanks MoG! Ive never played Glitch but I think I saw a m8 playin it on the PSP.
Okay;
@Steven8: its all good/fine!
@Andy: why does the word dude make you think of bandwidth theft???
@Allen: Dude I dont know what were gonna do about the cuts cause we have 4 mabey 5 years to make this game, and that blue video was made in 2 plus it was made by like 4 guys with huge 3D animation experience! But i have a tow week hols cumming up and so ill be working like crazy!

Okay now I have a few general questions!

1.) how does the Irrilict engien handle space? (i looked on their site and not much info in that regard...) I know that the Gennises engien h8s big spaces! Even with the fog turned off it wont show things very far away! So i think im gonna have to get very clever with the level desigh. eg make things really small so they look far away and make walls that droop and meet to make as if a passage goes on forever! This leads me to my second question.

2.) Please look at the below pic to see what i mean.
I want to have the payer jump out of a window of a warehouse where he is being held in a cutscene then hit the ground and the game starts. Now I want there to be an endless field of ware houses to either side, and I want the player to progress across the courtyard to the door on the other side. But ounce the player reaches half way an alarm is triggerd etc... but what im worried about is the ''clever'' player who goes sideways, soooo what I want is the illusion that the corridor goes off into the distance till the walls meet, ill do this with the level construction, but if the player runs far enough, the illusion will be revealed. SO i want to make it so if you runn too far in one direction you get spawned on the other side again, ie - so youll run continuosly past the same warehouses and door over and over again until the player gets board and decides to co-operate. Is this possible?

Okay now for my final question.
3.) Is it possible to create the illusion of a huge deesert with lots of giant huts each containing an entire kraal? (kraal = Zulu village) like in the picture below.

Thank you very much for reading this HUGE post...
Jason Jackson
AndyCR

Post by AndyCR »

LOL no i was the bandwidth theif, it was a picture of Stevey from dell. You know, 'Dude, you're getting a dell!' ('Dude, it's going to smell!')
psYco

Post by psYco »

sorry you lost me... dont worry, :) I kinda get it... Oh well! yeah anybody got any advice bout the questions posed 1 thread ago?