Entities question/cmpile problem

Post topics regarding Level Building/Design and Entity Usage with Reality Factory
crazy

Entities question/cmpile problem

Post by crazy »

Does anybody know what operation 73 is and how this could compile my level, because this comesup! (PlaceEntities: No valid entities for operation 73) but i do have entities in the level, before it wouldn't load of the leaks but sealed it with the box :?:
THANKS FOR THE HELP!
hike1
RF FAQ-Keeper

Post by hike1 »

rf faq http://terrymorgan.net/rffaq.zip
Demos http://terrymorgan.net/download.htm

Usually means you don't have a PlayerStart, PlayerSetup,
or EnvironmentalSetup entity. 1st 2 are mandatory, maybe all 3.
ardentcrest

Post by ardentcrest »

Not all 3 just the first two,
PlayerStart, PlayerSetup,
are needed
He's a Bot Jim, But not as we know It.
AndyCR

Post by AndyCR »

are you sure you placed the entities and did not simply make them in template mode? (did you hit enter?)
crazy

Post by crazy »

I did what you what you sayed but know i get this]
Num Detail Brushes : 0
Num Total Brushes : 104
--- Remove Hidden Leafs ---
PlaceEntities: No valid entities for operation 74.
Failed to remove hidden leafs.
Compile Failed: GBSP_CreateBSP encountered an error, GBSPLib.Dll.
Could you tell me what this means.
GD1

Post by GD1 »

no valid entitys for operation 74 means you are missing one of the entity trinity that you have to have to start the level. you need a playerstart entity, a playersetup entity, and as good practice you need an environmentsetup entity. all of these must be placed inside the sealed level with no leaks.
Check out my band
Tougher Than Fort Knox
crazy

Post by crazy »

Thanks for telling me what operation 74 was but colud you tell me what operation 77 means.
PlaceEntities: No valid entities for operation 77.
:) :) :) :)
steven8

Post by steven8 »

Ya'll may think I'm bonkers, but make sure your entities are inside the skybox.
AndyCR

Post by AndyCR »

are you 100% sure you have all the entities required? it'
s still saying you don't even have one single entity.

see this section in the tutorial found at http://www.freewebs.com/andycr/realityfactory1.htm :
...The next step is to see your level in-game. However, to do that, Reality Factory must have two "gizmos" in your level; they are called Entities. You add entities much as you added the room. For starters, click the drop-down menu that says ActMaterial. There are a dizzying amount of entities to choose from; for now, select PlayerSetup. Hit Enter on your keyboard. This entity tells the player how to behave, what view to use, etc. More on this later. Now, select the drop-down list again, and choose PlayerStart. Click the floor of your room (you may have to right-click scroll around to see the floor), and you should see a lightbulb thing move there. hit Enter once more. you should see it change to a box saying Player Start. You havejust told RF where to place your player when you begin the level. Now, you are basically done;...
crazy

Post by crazy »

I did what you guys said,(hike1, ardentcrest, AndyCR, GD1, and steven8 the 2nd) told me to do but ever time the operatrion goes up, and i have too put up to 3 player starts, 3 player setups, and 3 eviroment setups. know its giving me this operation.
PlaceEntities: No valid entities for operation 79.
Compile Failed: GBSP_CreateBSP encountered an error, GBSPLib.Dll. :evil: :cry:
But really thanks for before, for helping me out with the problems/question that i had! :D :D :D :D
THANKS FOR THE HELP!
GD1

Post by GD1 »

failed to remove hidden leaves

if you have all the needed entities in the level, then that statement tells you that there is a) a leak in the level, or b) an entity is outside the levels bounds. and since you are being told that no there are no valid entities for operation (insert random 2-digit number starting with 7) then it is probably B and the entity that is outside of bounds is probably one of the three required entities.

here's what i want you to do, start with a new level, make a simple hollow cube and place the three needed entities inside of it. compile and it should work.

and, just a note, i'm not sure if this is true or not, but if i remember right, having more than one playersetup or envsetup can also cause a crash or compile error.
Check out my band
Tougher Than Fort Knox
crazy

Post by crazy »

Num Total Brushes : 1
PlaceEntities: No valid entities for operation 86.
Does anbody know what operation 86 is because i started all ove with the main three things to start a level, but know it won't let me compile it.
QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Post by QuestOfDreams »

You are always producing the same error, it doesn't matter if the compiler writes 73, 74, 86 or any other number. The important thing is
PlaceEntities:
This tells you that you don't have any entities in your level or the origin of an entity you added to the level is not valid. Invalid origin means that the entity is either outside the level or inside a solid brush.
QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Post by QuestOfDreams »

if you have all the needed entities in the level, then that statement tells you that there is a) a leak in the level
if he would have a leak he would get the following message:

Code: Select all

*           *** LEAK ***                *
* Level is NOT sealed.                  *
* Optimal removal will not be performed.*
crazy

Post by crazy »

I did what you guys said and started all over but it keeps giving me an operation? or just a leak
i need help i tried samples, walkthroughs but it keeps on doing the samething!
question- if you put all three and the level design togehter wont that count as awhole shape so then wouldn't the operation come up, and whats the best what tomake sure you dont have any leaks in the levels that i make:?: