a few questions

Post topics regarding Level Building/Design and Entity Usage with Reality Factory
scott

a few questions

Post by scott »

i want to make an effect where things disintergrate into dust, i can only think of doing this by particle effects, but how would u keep the particles in the shape of an item, as you could then get a partical fall of rate to disapear.

also i am ineed of a way of creating a massive shcokwave effect, like a big jelly sort of spreading out covering buildings and suff.

think thats about it for now, any help would be apreciated very much.
*GD*
steven8

Post by steven8 »

Well, for becoming dust, it depends if you want the player to be able to walk around the object as it disintegrates. You could use a flipbook.

A s ofr the jelly thing, I'm not sure. There is a n entity called screenshake that will emulate a tremor.
scott

Post by scott »

well to try and explain a bit more about the jelly idea, i want a massize shocwave (blue) to spread out from the source and then makes it way out, i want it to go through buildings, but like a jelly, if you push it it makes an indent, until u have broken the surface then you can go insede, so what im trying to get is an effect where buildings get destroyed, so will play destroyed animation when this blue shock wave hits them but goes through the building slower as its hitting an object, i hope thats a bit more clear than before any help would be cool.

and about the flip book idea sounds like a good possibility but would it look like it has depth to it.

what i want is a particle system that fills a hollow object and does not go outside of that object.
*GD*