SLOW!

Discuss any other topics here
scott

SLOW!

Post by scott »

the forums of l8 seem to be loading pages slowley, and ocasionaly looking odd, like some things not loading up and what seems to be lines of code appearing in places, but not sure if it is actual code.

whats wrong with it?
*GD*
AndyCR

Post by AndyCR »

I don't seem to have that problem. What browser do you use? I'm using Konqueror/IE.
scott

Post by scott »

im using IE 6 on a 2MB conection speed, all other pages load fine, and its just been the last couple of days and i have noticed speed differences before, but this is the wors ever.
*GD*
AndyCR

Post by AndyCR »

Wierd. Same browser, 1.5 meg connection and it loads almost instantly.
scott

Post by scott »

im in the uk, dont know where the server is for the forums but this is an example of what i got, i also get line or 2 of code and taking up to and over 3 min to load a page, the main website is ok, just the forum.

below is an example of what happens ocasionaly, if loads.
this is a complete load, as the progress bar says done.

*GD*
steven8

Post by steven8 »

Funny, I just had this same thing happen to me on the BV site just about 15 minutes ago. Haven't had it happen on this site though.
scott

Post by scott »

well its all back to normal today, but still i wonder what the problem was?

but its so much better loading up with no waiting, it was just so annoying
*GD*
jonas

Post by jonas »

That has happend to me before on this site. I didn't think much of it, I just refreshed and it usually came up all the way.
Jonas

Focused, hard work is the real key to success. Keep your eyes on the goal, and just keep taking the next step towards completing it. If you aren't sure which way to do something, do it both ways and see which works better. - John Carmack
scott

Post by scott »

i do, but it was tiking 3 minuits to refresh and sometimes it just went never loaded anything, it was strange. took me about 15 min to access one page.
*GD*
jonas

Post by jonas »

weird :roll: I hate it when servers do strange things to you.
Jonas

Focused, hard work is the real key to success. Keep your eyes on the goal, and just keep taking the next step towards completing it. If you aren't sure which way to do something, do it both ways and see which works better. - John Carmack
QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Post by QuestOfDreams »

Sorry for any inconvenience you experience with the forum. Most of the time when a page doesn't load completely it's a time-out error and you just have to reload the page. There's absolutely nothing I can do about the server speed...