How do I script the Silent Hill attack Plz help!

Topics regarding Scripting with Reality Factory
cyl1981

How do I script the Silent Hill attack Plz help!

Post by cyl1981 »

Hi

I am currently working on a survivor horror type of game. I have played Silent Hill before and noticed that thay have a ground stomp attack the player use, when the enemy is knocked to the ground. Could someone plz let me know which file I need to modify in order to allow that kind of attack to be added into my game. I also wanted to add a ground punch attack into my game if possible.

Thanx :wink:
Juutis

Post by Juutis »

That can't be done just by modifying a file a little. If you're new to RF I really recommend not to try something like that yet. On the other hand, if you're familiar with scripting you could write a script that somehow checks if there is an oppoturnity to make this "stomp attack" and then make the player play the stomp attack animation.

If you're good in scripting you could always build your own scripted player. It will take a decent amount of work to build it but after the player is finished it's easy to make the stomp attack.
Pain is only psychological.
Archon

Post by Archon »

I've been away from RF for a long while, but it doesn't sound too difficult what you want to do. It would all have to be done via the scripting however.

Now, without knowing how you want things to work or even how the "player stomp" worked in Silent Hill (never played it) here's how I think you would want to run it:

Player Attack
=========
1) Get closest entity within radius X
2) If closest entity not within radius X then return
3) While entity is within radius X:
4a) if standing, knock down entity
4b) apply any damage
4c) apply any visual effects
4d) get next closest entity

So, as long as the entities are within the radius X from the Player and they are standing they will be knocked down and have any damage or other effects placed onto them.

As I mentioned before, I've been away from RF for a long while, so you will need to look into the scripting and set this up as an attack option for the Player to perform.

Hope this helps you getting started.

-Archon
No matter where you go... there you are.