A Golem for my Dungeon

Topics relating to Modeling with Reality Factory.
steven8

A Golem for my Dungeon

Post by steven8 »

My son and I discussed the rest of our game design, and this is one of the big bosses he wanted. I have to bone and animate him, as well as do a texture for the face. The walls of the room this guy is in will be textured the same as him. Tricky, eh? :wink:

AndyCR

Post by AndyCR »

very! I have an idea. Why not have him actually come out of a wall? make one spot where your wall goes much deeper than the rest, and make a model that is a negative of your boss, and ends up with a shape thats a square. Like a terrain that fits yoiur boss's body. Have the player enter the room, looks normal, then he just pops out of the wall, leaving behind a hold in his shape!
steven8

Post by steven8 »

Gyaah!! I love it!! I was just going to start him out standing against the wall, but that idea rocks!!! (no pun intended.) :D
steven8

Post by steven8 »

Okay, it's not a complete animation, but I've added bones and he now can walk!!

MakerOfGames

Post by MakerOfGames »

Very nice screens and concepts!
Think outside the box.
To go on an adventure, one must discard the comforts and safety of the known and trusted.
steven8

Post by steven8 »

Thanks, MoG. I am very excited about this new game. My son and I have concepts for all of the big badguys now, and I am going to work on some 'related' smaller 'hallway monitors' the player has to deal with on their way to the end of each level.
MakerOfGames

Post by MakerOfGames »

Sounds awesome! Good luck with making your game!
Think outside the box.
To go on an adventure, one must discard the comforts and safety of the known and trusted.
steven8

Post by steven8 »

Thanks, I will post screens as I model each of the characters and get levels in place. I am ready to start putting together the second level. There will be four levels total. I have some neat ideas for the level changes. If I get the effects I'm looking for, I'll post some shots. Heck if I don't, I'll post shots and ask for help!! :lol:
Steve Dilworth - Resisting change since 1965!