RealityRacer 2.0 Demo!!!

Topics regarding Scripting with Reality Factory
federico
RF Dev Team

RealityRacer 2.0 Demo!!!

Post by federico »

RealityRacer 2.0 Demo
Some times ago, I released a strange demo of a scripted car simulating physics by script. Now using Tokamak I release another demo, this time with a "true" physics engine. When I say "true", I really mean a "true" simulation. Actually the most common way to create a car simulation is to build a RayCast car, that is an hovercraft contrained by 4 sensors where the wheel and suspension position are calculated by code. In this demo I created a real scripted car with 4 springJoints working as suspension. The movement is really applied as Torque to the wheels, so the car moves in virtue to the friction of the wheels on the ground.
Naturally the limitations are many, because the engine must take an hard work, but the result in a limited environment is quite good.
This version of the RFwithPhysics is quite unstable so expect crashes. If the framerate is too low, there is something wrong, so change driver or graphics mode, or disable stencil shadows.

Screens:
ImageImage
ImageImage

Download:
RRacer2.exe here:
http://hosted.filefront.com/federicoRF

N.B. feedback is welcome. :wink:
Juutis

Post by Juutis »

Awesome demo!!! Absolutely incredible work! :D
I just loved it, I had loads of fun playing it.
Pain is only psychological.
federico
RF Dev Team

Post by federico »

thanks Juutis!!! :wink:
LtForce

Post by LtForce »

Everytime I try to download this I get an erro from filefront and I so want to try it :x
Lithuanians for Georgia!
psYco

Post by psYco »

Yes I also have not had a sucessful download! But I think it may be my internet explorer Ill try on fryday with mozzila firefox! It looks stunning! and knowing you it should be amazing!
federico
RF Dev Team

Post by federico »

I tried to download it on a different pc and the link seems to work again.
shadow

Post by shadow »

Pretty amazing stuff federico.
I only played it for a short time but it works really well and lots of fun too!
I especially like the handling of the vehical, its got a great feel to it.

Keep up the great work.
psYco

Post by psYco »

WOW OMFG! the game roxaurs! I love it!!!!! I especialy love the way the veicheicals handel! Its soooooooo proffesional! I just cant w8 till you implement this kind of physics into RF, for every one to use!!!

PS will the physics code work with RF2 when it comes out or will you have to start again???

Any way keep up the good work!
jonas

Post by jonas »

Nice demo!
Jonas

Focused, hard work is the real key to success. Keep your eyes on the goal, and just keep taking the next step towards completing it. If you aren't sure which way to do something, do it both ways and see which works better. - John Carmack
steven8

Post by steven8 »

Frederico, it is beautiful. I love the physics of the car. It handles very realistically. I also like the race course. Nice city. Great textures.

The one thing I would like, though, is a check put on the orientation of the vehicle to reset it's position when it rolls over. That way you don't have to restart the demo.

All in all, it is a fantastic demonstration of the possibilities of RF!!!

frederico stretching the limits yet again!!!
Steve Dilworth - Resisting change since 1965!
Juutis

Post by Juutis »

The one thing I would like, though, is a check put on the orientation of the vehicle to reset it's position when it rolls over. That way you don't have to restart the demo.
Pressing 9 flips the car over.
Pain is only psychological.
federico
RF Dev Team

Post by federico »

Thanks for all the kind comments from you guys. :D
will the physics code work with RF2 when it comes out or will you have to start again???
Yes, but the aim is to provide Tokamak Physics for RF1. If RF2 will use irrlicht then an easier choice for physics is ODE or Newton (look at the irrlicht site for more info). These other physics engines are complex. They have car function built in the physics engine structure and other functions to handle sound's impact or other things that the simple tokamak hasn't. The nout's assuption was that ODE or Newton were too heavy for Genesis3d, and he was surely right because the two engines work togheter at the limit of their own possibilities.
steven8

Post by steven8 »

Pressing 9 flips the car over.
It always pays to read the directions, eh? :lol: Thanks!!
Steve Dilworth - Resisting change since 1965!
psYco

Post by psYco »

Cool! But will those other engeins better suited to irrilict be simple to implement or will they take alot of wrk?
Nout

Post by Nout »

Script code could be kept very quite similar to the Tokamak implementation in RF1, but ODE and Newton offer some additional features. It's mainly a matter of "how" the engines are integrated.

Federico, as usual, a great nice demo well showing the capabilites of Tokamak. Very nice done !