new members DON'T GIVE UP!.

Post topics regarding Level Building/Design and Entity Usage with Reality Factory
dodger

new members DON'T GIVE UP!.

Post by dodger »

Hi Everyone,

After 100's of hours of working with reality factory,
Trying to come to grips with the basic's .... [ still got a long way to go on this ]

working with textures .. level creation .. skydome's .. act files .. model's .. script's to name just a few things
i am finaly starting to get some-were with creating a demo.
a few times i felt like giving up ... but after all the frustration i am glad i perserverd.

so any new comers to this wonderful software ... take heart, and don't give up ... your game's will be as good
as you want them to be .. but you have to take the time and be dedicatied to do the job.

thank you to all the forum members for your time and help.

regard's to you all.

Dodger.

:D
scott

Post by scott »

greate advice, couldnt put it better myself.
*GD*
AndyCR

Post by AndyCR »

Yep, excellent advice. :D
psYco

Post by psYco »

Wise advice, and im glad to hear your starting to get used to RF and I hope your demo is coming along soon :D
dodger

re:re

Post by dodger »

Thank you all for your comments.
Juutis

Post by Juutis »

Don't give up
The simplest things are usually the wisest ones.

Sometimes learning and using RF may indeed be frustrating and exhausting but in the end, it really pays off. In my opinion, at least.
However, I don't think one should have to force him/herself to work on a game. We all have our times when we simply don't feel like doing anything useful. I've had a lot of these periods, but I've managed to keep my interest in game developement by taking a little time off every once in a while. In fact, I'm having a break right now.

So, whatever you guys do, work hard but don't burn yourselves out. :)
Pain is only psychological.
LtForce

Post by LtForce »

Juutis wrote:Don't give up

So, whatever you guys do, work hard but don't burn yourselves out. :)
If this method could be used in school... :?
Lithuanians for Georgia!
Jay
RF Dev Team

Post by Jay »

haha that's the best advice i have heard in a long time and i really mean it (i am not laughing at you, that's a positive laughter :wink: )

After maybe 100's and 100's (i did not count, actually) of hours with RF (and i didn't have forum access for the first year, i tried to learn everything from the docs that came with RF, that was way back with RF063) i can totally second that. I had that idea of a game in my mind and it wouldn't get out. So i tried to learn everything about this program i could. And it was worth it.
Everyone can see the difficult, but only the wise can see the simple.
-----
Juutis

Post by Juutis »

Jay wrote:After maybe 100's and 100's (i did not count, actually) of hours with RF (and i didn't have forum access for the first year, i tried to learn everything from the docs that came with RF
Yeah, I did the same thing. :)
I've used RF for some 4 years now, but I've been a registered user here only for a year.
Pain is only psychological.
dodger

re:re

Post by dodger »

Hi,
jay and Juutis

It must have been a struggle for you both just having the doc,s to learn from ..
i am just happy that people like you are around .... to pass things on to us new members.

The forum is a great help ... i don't think i would have made any headway without it.

Dodger:

Devalos

Post by Devalos »

I will take that advice :)

I just started, and i feel like a "camel" looking at the desert lol.
But i can tell it will be rewarding to keep going.
Thanks a lot to the team that created this suit and to all of you that roam the forums helping us getting started.

Cheers,
M
psYco

Post by psYco »

Yep, with RF perseverence and patience are very important tools.

Also I dont think any of the original creators are around anymore, although it is still updated often by QuestOfDreams and recently some other members fo the community, and on behalf of all the forum roamers, were glad we can be helping the new ppl :D