A question about the levels included?

Post topics regarding Level Building/Design and Entity Usage with Reality Factory
coolcobra77

A question about the levels included?

Post by coolcobra77 »

When I dowloaded Reality Factory there were several levels already preprogrammed, I am asking if it's safe to delete any of these levels?

If it's ok... can you please tell me which files are ok to delete, or are all of them ok?

Another small question... how do I know when I completed a level and how does it bring me to the next level?
zany_001

Post by zany_001 »

Welcome to the forums!!!! :D ! :D 1 :D 1 :D :D :D

k,im prettyu sure u can delete the levels,and for ur other question,i think u want to b able to change level wen u finish the level?weell,then u should read the e book,and the manual 4 thaty,i recall its just typing wat level u want in the playersetup entity. sorry if that confuses u. :?

actually,wen u have made ur game,u would have to at leaast move the levels i think,cos otherwise u would have unwanted levels in ur game.
Once I was sad, and I stopped being sad and was awesome instead.
True story.
Jay
RF Dev Team

Post by Jay »

The level you want to change to has to typed in th ChangeLevel entity. Read the docs under that section, and if you like the ebook too, like zany_001 suggested.

At the end, you really should delete everything unneeded, i for example have 1,5GB of data from which by far not everything is needed - these are the thinghs that have accumulated over the time. When i cut everything unnded and it will be alot smaller.

The levels that are already in RF are just there to show the features of RF. Sure you can delete them in the final game.
For the final version, you can delete the *.3DT, the *.map, the *.rec, the *.pnt, and the *.txl files. All that has to remain in the levels directory are the *.bsp files.

oh, and welcome to the forums.
Everyone can see the difficult, but only the wise can see the simple.
-----