Level design (EDIT)

Post topics regarding Level Building/Design and Entity Usage with Reality Factory
PsiBrrr

Level design (EDIT)

Post by PsiBrrr »

Hey, I'm new to RF, and I already have some questions about it:

1.Can I use 3DS max to make a level and export it to RF, if I can, what formatt?
2.How do I change the HUD?
3.How do I change the UI?
4.If I use textures in 3DS max, how would I get it to work in RF? (only if 1 is answered yes)
5.How would I make the level, does it need to be sealed, how do I add sky to it if in 3ds, how would I export into RF so I can place the entities?(only if 1 is answered yes)

I could have looked for something on the forum to help me but I found this faster
WebsterX37

Post by WebsterX37 »

I am also new to RF but as far as I could figure it out, you can create your StaticEntities, Pawns and StaticMesh within
3ds Max.
1.Can I use 3DS max to make a level and export it to RF, if I can, what formatt?
I dont know how to create a whole level with Max, I only use it for actors.
The export method varies thru the versions of Max, I use 3dsMax 5. U need the script-NFO and key exporters for mesh
and animations, then compile the actors (.act-files) with actbuilder. Works fine.
2.How do I change the HUD?
3.How do I change the UI?
It is all written in the e-book, download it at realityfactory.
4.If I use textures in 3DS max, how would I get it to work in RF? (only if 1 is answered yes)
You simply use the material-editor within Max. Apply the material to your mesh, UV-map the mesh.
The material-info is exported with the NFO-export script. If you build your actor, all the bitmaps used should go in the same directory as the NFO-file is. Always use bitmap sizes power of 2. It is also possible to use bump-maps and alpha-maps.
5.How would I make the level, does it need to be sealed, how do I add sky to it if in 3ds, how would I export into RF so I can place the entities?(only if 1 is answered yes)
Dunno. But there is a SkyDome entity in RF.
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

did you see that this was a really old post........
Those who have all the answers, are never up to date on the questions.
WebsterX37

Post by WebsterX37 »

sorry Ryan, did not see it :roll:
At the long run we are all dead.
scott

Post by scott »

well no matter the questions are now answerd for anyone else who finds this post, just goes to show that even the old questions still get answerd
*GD*
zany_001

Post by zany_001 »

Wed May 30, 2007 8:48 am

Once I was sad, and I stopped being sad and was awesome instead.
True story.
WebsterX37

Post by WebsterX37 »

8:48 am is a bit late I think :D
At the long run we are all dead.