Preview with engine,does it work?

Discuss any other topics here
Soulshifter

Preview with engine,does it work?

Post by Soulshifter »

When i press preview with engine reality factory just crashes.Do i need to set something to make it work??
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

yes you do. you need to make sure you have a player start entity, and a player setup entity in the level before you can test. These can be found in the entity menu underneith the the templates. Just select one at a time, place the player start entity where you want it, then the setup entity where you want it, then compile the level. There you go. by the way, to simply test the level, click on the button next to the "preview with engine". this will compile your .bsp file. make sure the option "test in reality factory" is checked. when its done compileing, you can test it.

hope this helps and i was'nt to confusing. Sorry if i was but i am in a bit of a rush.

cheers
Last edited by Ryan on Thu May 31, 2007 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Those who have all the answers, are never up to date on the questions.
Juutis

Post by Juutis »

Ryan, I believe he's talking about the 'View with engine' option, not 'Preview in Reality Factory'. :wink:

My advice is not to use the quickviewer, just compile your level and preview it in Reality Factory like Ryan explained. You should also have an EnvironmentSetup entity within your level.
Pain is only psychological.
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

hehe, i think i just put an edit in there that will make it more of an on topic answer.
Those who have all the answers, are never up to date on the questions.
Soulshifter

Post by Soulshifter »

I have all the entities except EnvironmentSetup entity. I will add that. Is the reality factory view the same as the "view with engine"??
Juutis

Post by Juutis »

No, "View with engine" would allow you to fly around with the camera and "Preview in RF" is that you actually load the map completely to the engine and all the entitys are there and you can move around as the player avatar. So "Preview in RF" is the way you would see it in the final game too.
Pain is only psychological.
Spyrewolf

Post by Spyrewolf »

view with engine is a nice feature i still use it from time to time the only draw back is that it will add enities alright, but the bsp only updates on a compile of the .map so if your staticmeshes and sep's ect look, this will work, but for your level bits(bsp) your gonna have to compile to see your changes.