Sun effect

Topics regarding Scripting with Reality Factory
Jaguar_jwg

Sun effect

Post by Jaguar_jwg »

I read this in the RF manual:
SkyDome
The SkyDome entity will place a large dome around the level that mimics the sky.
Clouds will appear and the sun and moon will move across the sky.
I have a skydome, with moving clouds. How do I make the sun move across the sky, and the moon appear?
Spyrewolf

Post by Spyrewolf »

the clouds don't actually move they sort of expand and rotate. :/

look at the time scale function this change the time of day, can't remember the exact command, but its in the docs,

however,
the sun is a circle at best i have had mixed results trying to make it look good tend not to use, want to make an artificial sky dome, my own actor with moving clouds ect, via scritping but again it's a mixed bag.
Jaguar_jwg

Post by Jaguar_jwg »

Are you saying that there is no change of day effect in the scripts? Would I have to create the effect myself?
LtForce

Post by LtForce »

I highly suggest you making something easier first :wink:
Lithuanians for Georgia!
Spyrewolf

Post by Spyrewolf »

no no there are but the effect is minimal in it appearance, it's just i'm not too keen on it.

all you need to do is in the skydome script is add the time scale command, all the info on how to do dynamic time changes are in the docs.
Jaguar_jwg

Post by Jaguar_jwg »

I don't know what happened, but I posted on Saturday, and apparently nothing went through.
I allready have time scale added to my script, but there is nothing happening. Thanks though.
Jaguar_jwg

Post by Jaguar_jwg »

I really would like to get this working.
Does anyone have a working skydome script that gives the effect of change from day to night. Could you please post me that script?
All things you want men to do to you, you also must likewise do to them.