BioShock

Discuss any other topics here
Destron

BioShock

Post by Destron »

Anybody planning on buying this game? Just came out yesterday. I want it, but it wouldn't work on my computer.

I was just amazed when I saw this trailer. It looks hella sweet. Normally I wouldn't be so ga-ga about it, but I believe that this is actually in-game footage, not just a pre-rendered cutscene.
darksmaster923

Post by darksmaster923 »

not really. the demos kinda linear and has bad replayabilty
Herp derp.
Juutis

Post by Juutis »

I've heard that you can only install the game twice or so with the same cd-key. So after reinstalling the Windows a couple of times you can't install Bioshock anymore. I really hope this is not the case. I'd buy the game, but if this restriction is true I'll pass.

The game itself sounds fantastic and looks great, I'll be really disappointed if I can't play it 5 years from now on without buying a new copy. A protection system like that helps nobody... it only drives people away from the game in stores. Someone is going to bypass the protection anyway and distribute it illegally, so why make it so hard for those who want to pay for the game?
Pain is only psychological.
Destron

Post by Destron »

I don't think that's true.
If you buy the game on Steam, you should be able to install it any number of times. Steam is basically a content-delivery system, but also a copy-protection technology. When you buy a game from them, it becomes 'available' on your account, and you can download and install the game through it. However, you have to be logged into your account to play the game.
Juutis

Post by Juutis »

Yeah I know how Steam works. I wouldn't want to buy it over Steam though, I always prefer buying the retail version. I want to feel the game in my hands, not just see it on my monitor. Also, Steam accounts can be hijacked, you are never safe. And so I would like a proof that I have actually bought the game, even if it is just the box and the DVD.
Pain is only psychological.
darksmaster923

Post by darksmaster923 »

and your forgetting steam sucks. perfectly valid cd keys dont work, annoying load times, games randomly not working the works.
and that trailer looks prerendered
Herp derp.
QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Post by QuestOfDreams »

The trailer may be prerender but I saw the game on giga yesterday and it looks pretty much the same in-game.
While the graphics are great and there are some interesting ideas in this game there's too much violence for my taste...
Destron

Post by Destron »

Yeah, the trailer I posted was pretty intense. The little sisters are really cute (even with their orange eyes), and that makes the game even creepier.
psYco

Post by psYco »

The UK release was today (friday) and I WOULD have bought it, if I hadnt managed to loose total track of time this whole week (the days kinda blended together) anyway Im gonna try get it tomorow, it looks amazing... :D
Destron

Post by Destron »

Defenitely. I got the demo on Steam, apparently I need a better computer. It chops up even when I set the graphics to the minimum. My computer needs to be upgraded anyways.
darksmaster923

Post by darksmaster923 »

Destron wrote:Yeah, the trailer I posted was pretty intense. The little sisters are really cute (even with their orange eyes), and that makes the game even creepier.
i would say pretty intense is an understatement.
Herp derp.
psYco

Post by psYco »

WHAT THE HELL!?

I just got bioshock, and I installed it and all goes fine until It goes to connect (automatically as part of the installation) to the patch sever, then nothing happens... So I wait and wait and wait, I uninstall my Anti-Virus, (thinking it might be blocking the connection) but nothing, I then discover on gamespot.com that thousands of people have having this problem, with the auto-patch severs going down with no warning, and now when i went to try it again, the option to install is gone, only the play button is avaliable, when i try THAT it simply tells me the bioshock installation was not found.

Has anyone else with this game had a similar problem?

Anyway untill those severs are fixed I dont recomend anyone gets it in the UK yet.

Aparently the steam version works fine now though (steam DID aparently have alot of trouble with it when it was first released though)

I WANNA PLAY BIOSHOCK! :cry:
LtForce

Post by LtForce »

darksmaster923 wrote:and your forgetting steam sucks. perfectly valid cd keys dont work, annoying load times, games randomly not working the works.
and that trailer looks prerendered
Yeah, I defenetly agree. Steam's loading times are awful and sometimes it doesn't even launch
Lithuanians for Georgia!
darksmaster923

Post by darksmaster923 »

i hope you know
the devs of bioshock only allowed 2 installations from 1 cd key. this was supposed to prevent piracy, but it doesnt work. so after 2 installs your screwd. you have to buy another key.
Herp derp.
LtForce

Post by LtForce »

Lol, they are advertising piracy, because I don't know who'd like to buy too same games just because he had to reinstall windows or had bought a ne pc. They should just let it to be downloaded for free because security will be hacked :)
Lithuanians for Georgia!