RF resource site?

Discuss any other topics here
Sph!nx

RF resource site?

Post by Sph!nx »

Hi everybody,

I've redesigned my own homepage (not in working state) but I don't really want to use it as my own site. So I was thinking, since I'm a total n00b regarding Reality Factory I could turn it into some kind of 'Reality Factory n00b Center' with all kind of files, games and links to tutorials. Would also be a great reference and files mirror.

Now I do wonder; does this community need such a site? Got any other suggestion? please reply 'cause I want to hear your opinion!
Regards Sph!nx

Sven Co-op, DevEd: Development & Editing
steven8

Re: RF resource site?

Post by steven8 »

Sph!nx wrote:Hi everybody,

I've redesigned my own homepage (not in working state) but I don't really want to use it as my own site. So I was thinking, since I'm a total n00b regarding Reality Factory I could turn it into some kind of 'Reality Factory n00b Center' with all kind of files, games and links to tutorials. Would also be a great reference and files mirror.

Now I do wonder; does this community need such a site? Got any other suggestion? please reply 'cause I want to hear your opinion!
Every site that is about RF and can be caught in a search will only help. It's the word of mouth technic. The more places there are, the more folks will find us. It's a very good idea. Many folks found RF through Jen Louis' old site: http://www.jlstsi.com/genesis3d.htmcom%20site

So, my thought is yes, it's good idea.
Steve Dilworth - Resisting change since 1965!
Sph!nx

Post by Sph!nx »

Sure, but without the benefit of publicity; does there already exist such a site? Would there be a practical use for it?
Regards Sph!nx

ardentcrest

Post by ardentcrest »

Sph!nx wrote: Factory n00b Center' with all kind of files, games and links to tutorials. Would also be a great reference and files mirror.
!

Dont we have one http://www.realityfactory.info :D
He's a Bot Jim, But not as we know It.
steven8

Post by steven8 »

ardentcrest wrote:
Sph!nx wrote: Dont we have one http://www.realityfactory.info :D
While that is true, do a google search on just the word 'quake', and see how many quake related sites come up, besides the ID software site. Don't put all your eggs in one basket, my grandma used to say.

Also, my friend. . .aren't you the one offering space to people for just this sort of thing? :D
ardentcrest

Post by ardentcrest »

:oops: :shock: :D
steven8

Post by steven8 »

ardentcrest wrote::oops: :shock: :D
That's what i thought! :lol:
Sph!nx

Post by Sph!nx »

Thanks for your input guys. I'm still not really sure of what to do with this. As for extra publicity for RF; I've put up an add banner on my website!
Regards Sph!nx

Destron

Post by Destron »

Hey Sph!nx, I love your logo ;)
ardentcrest

Post by ardentcrest »

Love the site. Great models, some of the best I've seen in a while.

Have added your site to my list of links at http://www.rfcommunity.co.nr/rfcommunit ... e/news.php

You can also use this site as a back up to your files using uploads.
Sph!nx

Post by Sph!nx »

Destron wrote:Hey Sph!nx, I love your logo ;)
Thanks, think I'm gonne stick around for a while so I made myself an avatar with it.
ardentcrest wrote:Love the site. Great models, some of the best I've seen in a while.

Have added your site to my list of links at http://www.rfcommunity.co.nr/rfcommunit ... e/news.php

You can also use this site as a back up to your files using uploads.
Cool. Thanks for linking me. I've bookmarked your site and I will add your link with the next update.

Edit :
Well, 'cause I am bored and need a place to share RF resources with the DevEd crew (team of developers); I made this little site. Do note that it is still an early work in progress shot!

What do you think?
Regards Sph!nx

Sph!nx

Post by Sph!nx »

Here's an update :

Please share your thoughts!
Regards Sph!nx

jonas

Post by jonas »

Very nice looking. The logo is really nice! I would stick with the buttons across the top and put something else on the main page where you have those other links, like maybe news or something.
Jonas

Focused, hard work is the real key to success. Keep your eyes on the goal, and just keep taking the next step towards completing it. If you aren't sure which way to do something, do it both ways and see which works better. - John Carmack
Sph!nx

Post by Sph!nx »

Thanks, those in the middle are not links. They are going to be the sub-page banners. This is just the graphical design in Photoshop.

Anyway, I would be much obliged if you all could help me find the 'hard to find' and the 'not that known' resources like tutorials, demo's and 3rd party software.

Edit :
I would also like to add a developers section at the links section. So, Anyone who wishes can post a link to their website so I can add it to the site!
Regards Sph!nx

ardentcrest

Post by ardentcrest »

Olny going off topic a bit with this.

Who owns this site.

http://www.moonapples.com/reality_factory/

some good files are to be got here.