Photoshop
83%
Image Zone
17%

Total votes: 6

Agentarrow

Photoshop or Image Zone

Post by Agentarrow »

Well, My photoshop stopped working and I've lost the installation disk, so I got HP Image Zone Plus instead, but the question nags me, which is better for textures?
AgentArrow Home
The greater good is but a point of view...
darksmaster923

Post by darksmaster923 »

image zone just looks like another image filter program. photoshop is teh win. but then i never used imagezone
Herp derp.
vrageprogrammer

Post by vrageprogrammer »

none.
Jasc's paint shop pro is THE best.
it wins hands down cos it can do much more than photoshop.
A 90 day trial(no limit) can be found on their web-site.
It was not Possible to determine the dimensions of the image....
Destron

Post by Destron »

GET FRIKKING PHOTOSHOP!
Accept no other! It's the real freaking deal!

Vrageprogrammer: I ask you, does Paint Shop Pro have 3D controls? Does it allow you import and composite videos? Nope.
Paint Shop Pro is geared toward Photographers, Photoshop is geared toward several different industries, and it is very useful (more than PSP) to game developers.
steven8

Post by steven8 »

PSP makes more 'sense' to me, from a GUI stand point. Photoshop is not so obvious in how to do things. I'm having fits over layers at the moment. However, naturally, both programs have their place in the industry, or they wouldn't be so huge.

GIMP is a tremendous effort, and should never be put down. The good folks who work on it should be very proud of what they have achieved.

I know nothing of Image Zone, but HP products are usually top notch. I love the imaging suite which came with our all in one.
Steve Dilworth - Resisting change since 1965!
Agentarrow

Post by Agentarrow »

Image Zone is HPs version of Photoshop, Although it doesn't do Images from scratch as well as photoshop. I'm looking at GIMP, possibly, and the PSP 90 day trial sounds good too.
AgentArrow Home
The greater good is but a point of view...
fps
Location: in a magical land devoid of hope, happiness, and sanity.

Post by fps »

I think it really depends on what you know how to use.
1 wrote:
for the internet is a cruel and dark place at times, and there's sex and blood everywhere.

2 wrote:
You say that like it's a bad thing.

1 wrote:
You are a bad thing.
Juutis

Post by Juutis »

Destron wrote:GET FRIKKING PHOTOSHOP!
You know, not everyone can spend US $650 on Photoshop (if you buy it in the USA. Here in Finland the same thing costs over 1000 euros, which is like 1500 USD). To those people other, less expensive or free programs are the only option.

And yeah, I have to agree with fps: It's really up to which programs you have learned and which not. Some are good with Photoshop, some are good with Gimp. Some are good with MilkShape while others prefer Blender. It's more about personal preference than which program is superior.
Pain is only psychological.
Spyrewolf

Post by Spyrewolf »

photoshop hands down.

...if your on a budget, get gimp, it is single most best "FREE" ap you can download, when i used it i really found it hard for gimp not to be able to produce the same result in photoshop

....now all they need to do is work on their UI and we will have a winner!
also don't pass up photoshop student edtion, pretty much the same program ...just cheaper.
vrageprogrammer

Post by vrageprogrammer »

Destron wrote:GET FRIKKING PHOTOSHOP!

Vrageprogrammer: I ask you, does Paint Shop Pro have 3D controls? Does it allow you import and composite videos? Nope.
Paint Shop Pro is geared toward Photographers, Photoshop is geared toward several different industries, and it is very useful (more than PSP) to game developers.
photoshop has one whole MENU for 3D!
and talking about videos,
psp7 onwards comes with animation shop pro, which allows you to record screen events, convert them into videos,or even make videos from SCRATCH!!!!
Anyway, i have full versions of BOTH(actually, psp is mine and photoshop borrowed) and i feel psp is WAY better.All my cutscenes were made in psp.
It was not Possible to determine the dimensions of the image....
Destron

Post by Destron »

@Spyre
....now all they need to do is work on their UI and we will have a winner!
I couldn't agree with you more. Several things about Gimp just make me mad... the lack of complete filter previews, sloppy brush importing... etc.

@Juutis: You are correct, I was more talking feature-wise instead of just price.

Here's what I think 'the scheme' should be when deciding what software to buy.

No money - GIMP
$50-200 - PaintShopPro
$300-400 - Photoshop CS3 Basic Edition (or whatever it's called)
$500-700 - Photoshop CS3 Extended

If you are thinking about going for the CS3 Student edition, be warned. it's an 'academic' version, so it's illegal to use it for commercial purposes. In other words, don't use it for a game that you're going to sell.
darksmaster923

Post by darksmaster923 »

i saw photoshop cs3 at frys for 1000 usd
Herp derp.
Allanon

Post by Allanon »

Destron

Post by Destron »

Yeah, Paint.net is pretty good, but it doesn't have the power that GIMP has. It's more geared toward everyday people who want to edit photos.
Allanon

Post by Allanon »

I've used Gimp but hated it's user interface. From what I can tell Paint.net has all the power of Gimp plus a better user interface. I'm curious as to what features Gimp has that Paint.net doesn't? Before answering be sure to check out Paint.net's plugins.