NVU free html editor

Discuss any other topics here
hike1
RF FAQ-Keeper

NVU free html editor

Post by hike1 »

It looks a lot like Dreamweaver, without the $189 price tag.

http://www.nvu.com (8MB)

I loaded a couple of pages, had to CTRL-A and change the
font from Roman to my faves, they loaded fine.
ZenBudha

Post by ZenBudha »

Yeah I like NVU a lot as well. It sure beats doing everything in HTML although it's nice also that it lets you use it both ways so you can go back and forth from looking at the HTML to looking at the actual results.

I actually have a link to NVU on my main page at http://www.on-target-productions.125mb.com/

Suprised nobody has noticed it yet. Gotta love open source although even with it I still suck at web page design. My page stinks and I jut keep spinning my gears trying to come up with a cool new look for it. Right now it looks like it was put together by a 12 year old or something.
jonas

Post by jonas »

Thanks! I've been looking for something free besides my tripod site builder that I use to make my site! I'm glad people still have open-source projects it makes us poor highschool students happy!
Jonas

Focused, hard work is the real key to success. Keep your eyes on the goal, and just keep taking the next step towards completing it. If you aren't sure which way to do something, do it both ways and see which works better. - John Carmack
mbee

love this program now...

Post by mbee »

Loaded it up on the Macs at school and it works like a charm. Slightly less cluttered interface than Dreamweaver. I love it for messing with CSS and just going back and forth on new pages with.
Robin

Post by Robin »

Is NVU dead?
hike1
RF FAQ-Keeper

Post by hike1 »

http://kompozer.sourceforge.net

"NVU's official bugfix release." If you look on NVU site there's a
guide now.
Matte

Re: NVU free html editor

Post by Matte »

I liked what I saw, but I think BlueVoda is a bit easier, and is more powerful. Like this example: I don't even know how to put text on an image in NVU, if it's even possible?
jonas

Post by jonas »

Maybe not natively through the interface but if you use css you should be able to place text on top of any image.

An example here I prefer nvu or other tools like it because it forces you to code, but gives you the luxury of seeing what you've done with out having to save it and open it. Plus its free.
Jonas

Focused, hard work is the real key to success. Keep your eyes on the goal, and just keep taking the next step towards completing it. If you aren't sure which way to do something, do it both ways and see which works better. - John Carmack
Veleran

Post by Veleran »

I dont now why,but letters in my texts appear in a vertical column
What tags must you use to make it a regular text with lines?
jonas

Post by jonas »

Veleran wrote:I dont now why,but letters in my texts appear in a vertical column
What tags must you use to make it a regular text with lines?
Are you using css? If you could post your source in a new topic(so as to keep this stickie clean) I might be able to give you a hand if you still need it.
Jonas