Really serious question/discussion this time

Discuss any other topics here
tonykorea

Really serious question/discussion this time

Post by tonykorea »

Last time, I angered some people and I apologize for that mistake I've called.

However, this time is different.

My future is going to be placed in university (sigh.. Reality is harder than virtual reality), but I'm not giving up on gaming area.

I'm really excited that I learned some major principles of RPG game programming and FPS game programming, but some questions still remain.

1. Making items that are dropped or placed somewhere and when picked up, it has to go inside my inventory. I figured this out in C++ text RPG programming. (It sounds funny and really small, but C++ text game creation requires some massive work and a lot of description. Think about writing more than millions of words. The only game that achieved more than 3 million words used in game is Planescape : Torment <TM>.) But I couldn't figure it out in 3D programming.

2. Programming in RF. Honestly, I'm still confused with RF scripting (sigh.. I'm stupid) and I'm learning C++ now. (Don't know why everything returned here.) And I read almost every RF tutorials.

Sorry for being really stupid, but I need some explanation for 2 questions. After this, no more questions will be asked in the whole forum.

Thanks for your patience. (Especially QoD)
paradoxnj
RF2 Dev Team

Re: Really serious question/discussion this time

Post by paradoxnj »

You are not stupid....you just need to slow down and understand what you are doing. You are not going to jump right in an make a game. Contrary to popular belief...game development is hard.

Start with little tasks. For example, you may want to actually design a little game first (like a maze game). Then break it down into tasks. Now you have little tasks that you can teach yourself how to script with.

Search the forum for the word "inventory" (this is what is meant by helping yourself). This has been discussed before.
Many Bothans died to bring you this signature....