Elevator

Post topics regarding Level Building/Design and Entity Usage with Reality Factory
Masta_J

Elevator

Post by Masta_J »

Hi guys. I have created an elevator out of a Cylinder. I create the brush, set it's origin and animate it, attach a movingplatform entity to it, and everything works fine, except that when I enter it, it moves upwards, but does not take my pawn with it. I have fiddled with all of the different brush properties (it's currently set to solid), but no luck. If I jump onto it while it is moving downwards, it takes my pawn with. Also, I am using a scripted player, does this make any difference?
A good warrior knows his limits, but a great warrior finds his way around them.
paradoxnj
RF2 Dev Team

Re: Elevator

Post by paradoxnj »

In the manual, under "Component Reference" and "Entity Reference", you will find MovingPlatform. Read it.... :?
Many Bothans died to bring you this signature....
Masta_J

Post by Masta_J »

I already have, there's nothing in there that answers my question. Basically what my problem is, is that my elevator (cylinder brush) does not register proper collision with my scripted player. While it moves up, my pawn phases through the bottom of it, and eventually falls out....
paradoxnj
RF2 Dev Team

Post by paradoxnj »

What do your entity field values look like?
Many Bothans died to bring you this signature....
Masta_J

Post by Masta_J »

For the MovingPlatform entity, I kept all of the fields to their defaults except I set bAllowInside to true and I selected the name of my elevator model under the Model field. The brush/model attributes are set to solid, with a transparency value of 155. I also added a cut brush to the model for a door...
bernie
RF Moderator

Post by bernie »

What version of RF are you using. Your problem sounds like this one: http://www.realityfactory.info/forum/vi ... f=2&t=1402
Masta_J

Post by Masta_J »

I am currently using RF 076. From what I gather from http://www.realityfactory.info/forum/vi ... f=2&t=1402, is that in RF076 there is a bug with moving platforms which causes this... Is there a way around this problem?
bernie
RF Moderator

Post by bernie »

The bug was in previous versions and was Fixed in v0.76
metal_head

Post by metal_head »

I have the same problem with cylinder brushes...I wanted to make a big elevator out of a cylinder,but the same thing happens to me too.with cube brushes,there's not problems.. (I'm with 0.76 too)