Your gaming beginnings

Discuss any other topics here
zany_001

Your gaming beginnings

Post by zany_001 »

Post yours!

I think way back i played gnome alone and this game with helicopters on DOS, as well as some games on my mates console, I must have been about 7. Soon after I moved up to Age of Empires 1, which was awesome to me back then. AOE 2 and Starcraft were after that, and i still play a bit of Starcraft Brood War on battlenet. I actually run a bnet gaming clan right now. Anyway after AOE 2 there have been assorted games that I have played, but I've definitely got a RTS leaning from growing up on them.
Once I was sad, and I stopped being sad and was awesome instead.
True story.
Juutis

Re: Your gaming beginnings

Post by Juutis »

For me it all started back in the 90s when I got an Amiga 500 and a NES. Not really sure which I had first, I was like 5 years old. Games like Fire Force, Toki, and SMB3 dominated my life up until I got my first real PC around the time when Starcraft was released. I loved Starcraft, I loved AoE(II), I loved Half-Life. Damn, I even almost loved NHL99. Ever since my heart has belonged to PC, and here I am. This is what I turned out to be. :)
Pain is only psychological.
paradoxnj
RF2 Dev Team

Post by paradoxnj »

I started on Commodore 64 then moved to Amiga. From there I found the IBM PC with DOS and good ol protected mode. I started using DirectX on Windows 95 when it was called the "Game SDK". It was only useful for 2D games at the time. Types of games I've completed (by myself or with a team) include Word jumbles, tic tac toe, tetris, first person shooter, third person adventure, point and click RPG, point and click strategy, and MMORPG. My programming strengths lie in graphics (Direct3D is my best, but OpenGL is not far behind), network and scripting.

I've also worked on various professional MODs (NeverWinter Nights and Unreal Tournament) and did some contract programming for game companies before moving to the music field. I mainly do programming as a hobby now and mostly concentrate on music/sound fx.
Many Bothans died to bring you this signature....
QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Post by QuestOfDreams »

I started with Soundic TV Sports (which I still have btw) :D
http://computermuseum.50megs.com/images ... sports.jpg
but you can barely call that a video game I think ...
Then we got a NES and the game that came with it was Ice Climber which I played for hours ... there were a lot of other great games on the NES like Super Maria Bros., Bubble Bobble, Tiger Heli just to mention a few. Later I moved on to the N64 (seems like I was a Nintendo fan boy, but I wasn't ... really! :P) and then to the PC which finally led me here :wink: