i got some Schiesse going on with my scripts

Topics regarding Scripting with Reality Factory
mf_jober

i got some Schiesse going on with my scripts

Post by mf_jober »

ok, so i recently got the newest update for RF (0.76 i believe) and i had to rebuild my game from there. i was trying to check whether the weapons would work so i had to add some stuff to the weapons.ini and player.ini. then when i try to test it, my character won't hold a weapon. it can't even pick it up.

PS.
where the heck is the debug option?!?! i can't find it anymore, how can i check weapons positioning then?
GD1

Post by GD1 »

you have to put the debug option back into the menu. the easiest way is to use your old menu setup, or you can just copy over the needed lines from a previous menu.ini file. i have no earthly idea why they took it out, but that has to be one of the biggest brainfarts the devs have had. (no offense guys)
Check out my band
Tougher Than Fort Knox
QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Post by QuestOfDreams »

where the heck is the debug option?!?! i can't find it anymore, how can i check weapons positioning then?
Why the heck don't you just look in the docs, open the menu.ini file and just uncomment the lines for the debug menu :P
i have no earthly idea why they took it out, but that has to be one of the biggest brainfarts the devs have had. (no offense guys)
1) The demo game is just that - a demo game, have you ever seen a debug menu in a released game? :roll:
2) If you already know, that there exists a debug menu it is sooooo very easy to activate it (see above)
mf_jober

Post by mf_jober »

dude, my real problem here is that i did EVERYTHING that they said in the docs, but the weapon still won't show up. i haven't had problems when i was using 0.68.